By the end of this presentation, participants should be able to:
- identify significant issues and trends in commercial disputes in the current climate;
- identify legislation, caselaw and legal principles of significance to commercial disputes in the current landscape;
- be familiar with relevant provisions of the Australian Consumer Law, such as those relating to unfair contracts;
- understand and identify the legislation and principles concerning negotiating in “good faith”, including in relation to commercial tenancies;
- gain practical tips for advising clients in respect to commercial disputes; and
- understand commercial law opportunities that may be available going forward.
About your Speaker: William Attoh, Legal Made Easy
After graduating top of his class with Honours, despite working full time whilst studying full time, William Attoh worked under some of the most astute Judges in Australia, as Researcher to the NSW Court of Appeal.
Before starting his own practice, Will also worked for the likes of Australian Business Lawyers, Law Access NSW, Michael Vassili Barristers & Solicitors and Maddocks.
Always looking to give back, Will supports various worthy charities, including the Anne Frank Exhibition Australia, which he helped to set up.
When not grounded in the aspirational pursuit of justice for clients, doing charitable deeds or lifesaving at the beach, Will may be seen flying the Victor 1 Coastal around greater Sydney, and beyond, as the “weekend warrior pilot” (he once feared commercially).
If particular educational activities are relevant to your immediate or long term needs in relation to your professional development and practice of the law or profession, then you should claim one “unit” for each hour of online viewing, listening, and private study completing relevant downloads.
The statements, analyses, opinions and conclusions in these online materials are those of the author and not “CPD for Me” or “CPD-LIVE”, which act only in the capacity as convener and publisher of education courses.
No part of any CPD-LIVE, CPD for Me webinar or on-demand CPD legal update can be regarded as legal advice. Although all care has been taken in preparing each CPD session, and/or associated papers, viewers must not alter their position or refrain from doing so in reliance on any paper. Neither the author nor “CPD for Me” or “CPD-LIVE” accept or undertake any duty of care relating to any part of any presentation or relevant handouts. Copyright in this material is retained by the authors.
All “CPD for Me” accounts include LogCPD free, where you can LogCPD activities from any provider. LogCPD also tallies units and you can download, print, sign and email your CPD compliance statement by lawyer CPD period 1/4/xx to 31/3/xx.